Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kenneth Ma admits he dated Nancy Wu before






TVB medical drama The Hippocratic Crush premiered last week, with a peak rating of 31 points. Kenneth Ma (Ma Ming) rises and becomes TVB's first line Siu Sang. Riding on the momentum, Kenneth said he wants the dough and not the love: "I want more endorsements and stage work. I even hope to shoot some series in Mainland to earn some extra money. The faster the better." Well that's true too, he's a famous and single man that many are after. Just as long as you have the chips, there is no fear you won't find a wife.

Its no surprise, the 38 year old middle-aged Kenneth is desperate to break away from 'poverty'. In 2007, Kenneth still used the subway as means of transportation. It wasn't until 2008 when he finally got himself a car valued at HK$300,000 Comparing the fame and fortune, Kenneth still lags behind other TVB Siu Sangs such as Kevin Cheng or Moses Chan. Fortunately, Kenneth's first series The Hippocratic Crush, in which he takes the lead, has been well acclaimed. Today, Kenneth stepped foot on the most crowded areas in Central's Time Square to do a practical research on audience' reactions. As a result, it wasn't even 5 minutes yet and he was already surrounded by a group of See Lai (housewives) and female students. One See Lai couldn't help but shout: "Handsome Kenneth Ma! You did so well in your series!" Then it was Kenneth's turn to feel happy, he said softly: "And I was worried no one would care!"

Borrowing the Series to Honor Doctors

First time taking the lead in a series, Kenneth is very anxious on how audience would react: "Three days after the series broadcast, I already had people calling me 'Yat Kin Tau'. Netizens are actively discussing online and even Doctors are discussing whether or not they have been scolded that severely by supervisors when they were interns? To me, I don't have much pressure on the TV ratings. I just want to share my satisfaction of the filming process. Although I don't know how to do the actual hands-on work, but I know how to describe the neurosurgery procedures. The production of this series was very serious. In every scene in the surgery rooms, there were always two advisory doctors directing us in the room. Many of the equipment were also provided by those two doctors. I hope to borrow this series and show my respect to all medical staff. In fact, it really is stressful and difficult being a doctor, it's like a mission. (What type of hopes do you have?) Honestly speaking, of course I hope to gain fame and fortunes. I hope to grasp Dr. Cheung's upright image and get more endorsements and stage work jobs. It would be best to have an opportunity to shoot a Mainland drama, so I can earn some extra money. I currently set a two year plan to purchase a property in Hong Kong Island East, a 1,000 square feet property that a family of 7 can live in. The budget is approximately 10 million, so I will really have to put in my greatest effort in earning money."

Oppressive Personality, Not Reason of Breakup

Is Kenneth a lot like Dr. Cheung Yat Kin (his role), he only cares about his career and not his love life? "I am not as generous as Dr. Cheung, he just has to support his disabled brother to study abroad, so he's charging up forward with all his efforts. As for myself, it's not that I don't date, it is just I haven't met the right one. Especially as I get older, it becomes more and more difficult. I admit I do have a personality issue. The most miserable is not boredom, I don't mind living a single life, and also my life circle is quite narrow. I'm in the filming studio day and night, how can I find someone? It's even harder to meet people outside of the industry. Initially Mandy Wong and Selena Li promised they'll introduce women to me, but it was just all talk. Honestly, it's hard for us to meet, let alone date? Oh just forget it! I'll just leave relationships to fate. In 2000, when I graduated from the 14th TVB Acting Class, I had 18 other classmates and today, only two stayed and I was the only one that made it on the front line, so I really have to cherish every rare opportunity that comes before me."



Kenneth and Moses Chan are known as the TVB Siu Sangs that don't 'mess with girls'. Over the years, Kenneth rarely had rumors, his only two rumored girlfriends were Margie Tsang and Nancy Wu. Now are these rumors true or false? Kenneth frankly said: "Nancy and I dated before, and broke up last year. It wasn't because she thought I was boring, just our personalities don't match. On the contrary, Margie and I, personality wise, we click very well. Every time we meet we would chat nonstop. However, we have never dated before. (Any chance to develop a relationship?) I don't know, she is just a friend that I have known for many years."

Credits to TVB News World Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment